All Images copyrighted by Bonnie J. Smith and not to be used without permission!

Monday, January 12, 2015

2015 President Peninsula Women's Caucus for Art

The position was empty and I volunteered!  I have been pondering this position as our Chapter always seems to have a problem getting members to volunteer for any board position.

Our First meeting this year is Saturday January 24, 2015 at Peninsula Museum of Art, Burlingame, California. We will meet in the Library which is lovely at 11:30.  Ellen Lee will give our first Artist Presentation and we will meet after the meeting at a local resturant/coffee shop to continue the art conversation.  I am planning many outings this year and I also have instituted the Artist Presentation so we might learn about the art our members create. Planning this year my thoughts were about Virginia Woolfe, I have also created a new work making Virginia a main character in the art work. She had the thought that a woman needs a room of her own.  I interpret that thought meaning she needs to realize her importance and I want the women to know just how important they and the art they create.

Tea service will be available at the meeting! Looking forward to meeting you.

                                                      Suffragettes, green 24h x 36w


No comments:

Post a Comment